Cricket Scotland Launches #Beanies4BrainTumours – Please help
Cricket Scotland has announced a new campaign, #Beanies4BrainTumours, with the aim of raising £3,500 across the club network for the Brain Tumour Charity through purchasing charity beanies and wearing them on the first game of the season.
More information here.
What is #Beanies4BrainTumours?
On the first game of the cricket season, we invite clubs to purchase customised beanies to wear in the field during their first competitive game. The beanies, designed in partnership with Brain Tumour Charity, help show your support and raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity – which is a charity very close to the heart of Cricket Scotland. Our goal is to raise £3,500 which could fund two weeks of research for one of the Brain Tumour Charity’s leading brain tumour researchers to improve understanding and provide more targeted treatments.
Why is Cricket Scotland doing this?
In 2018, news of Scotland all-rounder Con de Lange’s brain tumour was made public. Since then, the community has rallied in support to raise vital funds for the Brain Tumour Charity. The Brain Tumour Charity is at the forefront of the fight to defeat brain tumours, making a difference every day to the lives of people with a brain tumour and their families. It funds pioneering research to increase survival, raises awareness of the symptoms and effects of brain tumours and provides support for everyone affected.
How can my club get involved?
To show your support for Con de Lange and the Brain Tumour Charity, you just need to take a look at the attached information pack, let us know how many beanies you would like to order and our team will do the rest. In addition to the beanies, we encourage clubs to hold a small fundraiser to raise additional funds. The Brain Tumour Charity will provide you with a free pack to do so which includes information on the charity, branding materials to decorate your clubhouse and fundraising ideas. If interested in holding your own fundraising event alongside #Beanies4BrainTumours, all you need to do is visit the Brain Tumour Charity’s website by clicking this link: Hold Your Own Fundraising Event
We hope your club will join us in raising £3,500 to help fund two weeks of vital research.
- Web page here.
- Cricket Scotland: www.cricketscotland.com
- The Brain Tumour Charity: www.thebraintumourcharity.org
- Cricket Scotland’s JustGiving page: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cricket-scotland-brain-tumour-charity
- The Brain Tumour Charity is at the forefront of the fight to defeat brain tumours, making a difference every day to the lives of people with a brain tumour and their families. It funds pioneering research to increase survival, raises awareness of the symptoms and effects of brain tumours and provides support for everyone affected.
- Keep up-to-date with the #Beanies4BrainTumours campaign: